Sunday, November 21, 2010

These are dark times, there is no denying!

I am so exhausted.
I've just started a new "block" at the university. This means new subjects and a new schedule. And in this case it is a pretty difficult change.
The last block didn't include any mandatory lab exercises or anything so I was able to stay home and actually read the textbooks (which is how I seem to learn best - when I'm at school I'm so stressed out about all the people there that I never seem to get anything out of it). But now we have mandatory stuff three days a week, and adding my two days of work - it's already way too stressful for me. And even though I'm only one week into it, I already feel it wearing me out. I do not cope very well with stress!
Having to overcome so many things when I am constantly in a seriously depressed state of mind only multiplies the stress factor with about a thousand.
So this weekend has been all about doing nothing but relaxing. Well, as close to relaxing as I can get with all these stress hormones havnig a party inside me.

I'm so afraid. I cannot for the life of me imagine how I will get through this block. I am really terrified that this will be the one that kills me. The one where I break down.
But then again, I've gone through two years of hell (also called VUF) thinking that tomorrow would be the day of breakdown. And I actually made it through and got that nice diploma (which I'll probably never ever use again).
Also, I'll probably have to retake my molecular bio exam in January, as well as the two exams for this block. It seems hopeless.

These are dark times, there is no denying!

And work is really getting to me!
Every time I'm there it seems to get more difficult for me to handle. The people, the stress, the lack of structure, the interactions.
I always come home with a gigantic headache. And a minus balance on the energy account.
But I cannot quit. I seriously couldn't handle going back to living on basically nothing like I did before I got the job. And a loan would add too much stress and depression (might sound strange but it really would).

But I have to keep fighting, keep going. One day at I time I guess.
Just cross my fingers and hope I'll get lucky when the exams come around.
I dare not give up and break down. I'm scared of the mess my life would become if I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment