Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Stupefied

Some days I feel like it must be my own fault. That I, for some reason, choose to focus on the negative (or perhaps for no reason at all really). Mostly I think this (I think) because of my general beliefs about life being what you make it - nothing more or less.

Then these days come... Days where I feel how it is an illness. Something is wrong! Just like some infection can change your entire body's response to anything and everything, I feel like illness has taken over and altered any well-functioning cell there might have been. Completely changing signaling pathways, responses, and functions. I feel like I can't see clearly. Can't move properly. I feel anesthetized... paralyzed, stupefied...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's how it gets you. :( Whatever you do, just don't start to identify yourself with it; don't let everything you ever say or do be a product of your illness. That's the biggest mistake I've made.

    Loads of love!

    ReplyDelete