Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Positive blog post!

Really??? Yes, I'm gonna try to focus on something positive for a few minutes here...

I've gained weight!
I know that for many this would be a negative thing, but right now it's a good thing for me.
It's not really the weight gain itself  (though people say I look better like this, and my clothes also fit me again), that is just a side effect. What is really positive is having my appetite back. It is so wonderful!! I cannot explain the horrible feeling of not being able to overcome such a thing as eating! And I really love food. I do! But for such a long time I never felt like eating anything. Nothing appealed to me. At all.
And I felt even worse about it because everybody commented on my weight whenever they saw me. And all I could say was: "yeah, I know". I felt like most people couldn't possibly understand, because I'm totally not that type who is usually unable to gain weight, and lots of people are struggling to lose weight and so they'd just be annoyed with me instead of understanding... All I wanted was for people to not notice it.

But as I've been feeling better (overall), I've simultaneously recovered my appetite.
I had no idea how much I missed it!

It may be a small thing, but for me it's the most positive thing at the moment.


Today's quote: Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein

Today's song: Tribute - Tenacious D

Today's link: Solar System Scope

Today's shot:
A long time ago in what feels like a a galaxy far, far away.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, awesome song and also an awesome video! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like i was copying your title, making my post about positive changes; but i like positive things! it's always nice to try to focus on the positive and happy things (though it's often easier said than done...)

    <3 you! glad you have an appetite again! that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. It's very much easier said than done!
    But we should all do it as much as possible...

    ReplyDelete