Sunday, December 19, 2010

Chocolate!

So, I was enjoying a little bit of this:
which is some of my absolute (!) favorite chocolate.
Amazing taste
Organic
Fair Trade
Oh yeah!

And I thought to myself: 'Wow... who invented chocolate?? And wow, Remus Lupin knew what he was talking about.... - But seriously, WHO invented chocolate?'
And then I googled it.

Actually, no, I didn't, I used Ecosia but that doesn't really work as a verb.
Anyways,
I knew that chocolate as a beverage is an older concept than the solid form, but apparently the earliest chocolate drink dates back more than 3000 years!!! An alcoholic drink.
It wasn't until the 16th century, however, that the chocolate was brought to Europe, and according to Wikipedia the solid form was invented by Joseph Fry & Son in 1847.
This site about chocolate history is very nice.


Quote of the day:
I'm going to make out in the coat roomDon't eat my chicken!

2 comments: