Monday, February 7, 2011

Me and Traveling


I truly love traveling.
I love experiencing other places, other people, other mentalities, other ways.
When traveling, I always acquire new perspectives on different things, or rediscover thoughts I had forgotten all about.
I come back fascinated. Fascinated with the world and its people, nature, and places, and the many facets of these. I come back in admiration of the parts I wish we had here at home, and in gratitude for everything that we do have.
It gives me energy, stimulates me and encourages me.
I feel alive and awake, and present in my body. Somehow, I feel less inhibited when I'm far from my usual settings. I feel more "able to be me"...
It might just be because I feel more invisible when I'm just "a visitor". Like I'm just watching from the outside, and nobody will notice me.
So yeah, that's basically just running away from my fears, I guess... Not really the best way to handle things.
But it's nice to get that break sometimes!
Just for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment