Monday, January 3, 2011

Pure Awesome

I really need to share my excitement here....
Yesterday The Harry Potter Alliance announced the new part of their latest campaign.
Now, obviously I love Harry Potter, so I doubt anybody will find it surprising that I am a part of something called The Harry Potter Alliance (HPA).
But the HPA is not only awesome because of the HP factor. It is simply an awesome organization because of what they (that is we) do.



It's all about using the popular phenomenon to do good and make changes.
Like raising more than $123.000 for Haiti after the devastating earthquakes!

The current campaign is the Deathly Hallows Campaign.
Every month between the last HP films we focus on a new "horcrux". (If you haven't read/seen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows then just think of horcruxes as something that needs to be defeated).
The first horcrux was the Starvation Wages Horcrux, focusing on Fair Trade. Something I am very passionate about!
The second was the Dementor Horcrux concerning depression, anxiety, and mental health. The biggest issues of my life, need I say more?

And again the new horcrux, announced yesterday, is an issue I find very important.
The Body Bind Horcrux focuses on media constructed body image contra actual health and wellbeing.

So yeah, I just had to share my enthusiasm.
The Harry Potter Alliance is a non profit organization both with focus on the typical 'save the children and animals and stop the wars'-stuff, and also on the everyday issues of our society.
I'm truly proud of my fellow Harry Potter fans here.

Pure awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment