Sunday, January 8, 2012

Question:
What are some things that help you deal with anxiety?


Answer:
Honestly, I feel like I still don't have any efficient means of coping with it. I often just give in and separate myself from the anxiety by fleeing.
The only thing I've learned can be helpful is distraction. Since the anxiety comes from the myriad of thoughts that fill my mind, I find it helpful to put myself in situations where I don't pay any attention to all those thoughts.
Of course it is different from person to person which situations would work, but for me some of the best things are:
Hanging out with people I'm comfortable with.
Exercise
Getting lost in music
Cleaning (yes, cleaning... makes me feel great!)
Going to see a movie (or other forms of entertainment I enjoy)

The thing about it is... None of this actually helps. It just gives me a break from the constant torture of the anxious thought patterns.
When it comes to actively dealing with the anxiety, I am at a loss...

No comments:

Post a Comment